What makes this capital one credit card great is that you do not have to be a student to be able to apply. A simple stress-free card with average credit and bonuses for paying on time.
Quick facts about Capital One card:
- You get a very favorable 1% cashback on all of the purchases made. When you maintain a record of paying on time, your earning can jump from 1% to 1.25% in no time for that particular month.
- There are no annual fees and no foreign transaction fees to this particular card.
- With this one, you get a head start and you build your card accordingly with responsible use.
- With this credit card, you also get to manage your account via text, receive alerts and shop safer online using the Capital One assistant app.
- It allows you to pick any monthly due date which works the best for you.
- You can also get higher credit line access after paying the first 5 monthly payments on time.
- This card offers you a strong $0 fraud liability whenever your card is lost or stolen.
- You will also be able to monitor your credit profile with the CreditWise app which is free for everyone and will help you keep a track of how your credit card spending has been like.
Our brief Review
This card is ideal for a college student with no acrobatics required. It boasts a bonus and cashback on paying on time, you can develop some good habits with this student card. A simple and fairly easy way to establish your credit card score, this card in our ranking is an average to fairly good card of choice, to begin with.
What are the Key Benefits?
There is a high Potential of credit line increase
If you are regular in maintaining your credit card, the Capital One card may allow you to increase your credit card limit and may boost your credit card score as well.
There are multiple Rewards boost for paying on time
Even though you have 1% cashback limit, you can avail 0.25% increase in each billing cycle if you aren’t the past due date. If you are a punctual student who turns things on time, this card will only help you save more.
You can easily keep on track with a credit monitoring tool
You can easily access your credit card history and all the spending’s with the credit monitoring tool that is the CreditWise, free app which is available on iPhone and Android easily.
No foreign transaction fees involved
There are no expensive fees when you are traveling abroad or when spending a semester there. this is a great option for students who are traveling abroad.
Travel insurance benefits
The card can be easily replaced if it’s lost or stolen. With this card you can also cover any travel insurance loss and reimbursement may take place under certain terms and conditions.
Why can you look for other card options?
- Other cards do have a lower APR rate
- Other cards have a higher reward rate
The alternative: if you are looking for a higher rate reward, you can go for the Discover It Student Cash Back reward credit card.